miércoles, 21 de noviembre de 2012

The ultimate resource films and series in class!


Hello readers, once again I’m updating my blog and today I bring you a very personal entry, but as always an entry related to English in the educational world. In this entry I would talk about two resources that really helped me a lot to improve my English level, I’m talking about watching series and films in English.
As I have said, probably, a thousand times, during my early years at high school I started taking Cambridge classes and during that time I also started to watch English series and films, not only to improve my English level but also to have a good time. After years of doing this I could realise how much vocabulary and pronunciation I’ve learned but also I  could realise that my listening skills have Improved a lot, therefore I tried to offer this resource to my younger brother in order to prove my theory about how useful this tools are but also to help him to improve his level. After some time watching series in English I could prove that the English level of my brother improved dramatically too.

That it’s why I am doing this entry, to offer you the possibility of giving these tools a chance and introduce them in your classes, not as I watched them but doing rich activities with them instead. My idea would be to introduce these tools at the early stages, during the first courses of primary school, we could offer our students anime series or cartoons series in English with Spanish or Catalan subtitles and as they move forward, change the kind of series or film they watch and also the subtitles into English ones. Once we have this in mind, at the early stages we should offer the possibility to our students of giving their opinion about the film or serie or doing simple questions about what did they like about it, as they group up the difficulty of these activities should increase and therefore we should do activities like propose and alternative ending to the chapter or film you’ve seen or maybe analyse his/her favourite character in the film, finally, we can also offer them the chance of debate orally about the film.
I think that if we propose this at primary school the English level of our students can improve drastically, but we should also offer them the chance of watching these resources at home uploading them via moodle. As always, this is my opinion, but I want to know yours, so don’t forget to reflect it in the commentary section below!

Thanks for your attention!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario